terça-feira, 27 de maio de 2008

Old Jerusalem



In this place there’s nothing really quite appealing
Except maybe this tree that we’re under
And yet, as I say this, I wonder
If it’s you that makes it shine or the sun

I could leave you talking here to another
Except maybe I’m hanging on your eyes
Yet I know, and it comes as no surprise
That my presence’s circumstantial, it just happened

“Since we must talk about us”, you said
“At least bring something new to the play:
I’ll say what I mean
Would you please mean what you say?”

These words gave you freedom thought sprinkled with tears
But all freedom, my dear, is like that
Just paths, on and on, up ahead
When you leave a place

Still I’ll hear what you want me to hear
And say what comes to your mind
I’ll search what you want me to find
To be special

0 comentários:

+++